Experience the peaceful serenity and the majesty of the stone carver’s art. Hear untold stories of sacrifice and valor and selfless contributions to city, state and country. All this, and the thrill of riding the beautiful “Hills of Hollywood” Cemetery, a National Historic Landmark Site.
This tour is offered every Sunday at 2:00 pm. It can also be prescheduled on other days of the week with advance notice and a minimum of eight people.
Hollywood Cemetery is a full-length guided Segway Tour and is approximately 2 hours, with a 15-minute lesson to make sure you’re safe and comfortable gliding around town. You’ll
discover many of artistic features of the monuments and tombs of one of our Countries most visited cemeteries. Along the way, you’ll stop and see things you just can’t get to see by foot or car.
This is the best way to view the cemetery and its history up close and personal. This cemetery is one of the most visited in the country because of its history and picturesque views. It is the resting place of 2 U.S. Presidents:James Monroe & John Tyler and there are many more here who have also led leading roles in Richmond’s history and culture.This tour is led by and experienced guide with Hollywood Cemetery.
Cost: $65 per person for a 2 hour tour
* Call us for information on Corporate & Team Building Events
On this tour you will explore the following:
• Resting place of 2 presidents: James Monroe and John Tyler.
• 18,000 confederate veterans buried here (including 26 generals: J.E.B Stuart, George Pickett…)
• Others buried here include: Douglas Southall Freeman, James Branch Cabell, Ellen Glasgow, Lewis Ginter, Justice Lewis F. Powell, Jr. and many more who have played leading roles in Richmond’s history and culture
• Formally dedicated in 1849, it sits in a park-like setting overlooking The Falls of the James River and was designed for the living as well, to enjoy its peaceful serenity
When and Where:
Every Sunday 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Meets at cemetery entrance.
412 South Cherry St. Richmond, VA 23220
Call 804.343.1850 for reservations!