Guided Segway Tour is approximately 2 hours with a 15 minute lesson to make sure you’re safe and comfortable gliding around town. Discover the many places associated with Poe throughout Richmond’s Church Hill district, including the Poe Museum, and spots where he once lived, loved and wrote.
* We can also design a personal tour just for you or your group. Just tell us where you
like to begin, and we can arrange for a nominal fee.
When and Where:
Scheduled upon reservation
Meet at Segway of Richmond
1301 E Cary St.
Richmond, VA 23219
$65 / person
Micro Tours – Check em’ out!
Hollywood Cemetery Tour:
• Resting place of 2 presidents: James Monroe and John Tyler.
• 18,000 confederate veterans buried here (including 26 generals: J.E.B Stuart, George Pickett…)
• Others buried here include: Douglas Southall Freeman, James Branch Cabell, Ellen Glasgow,
Lewis Ginter, Justice Lewis F. Powell, Jr. and many more who have played leading roles in Richmond’s history and culture
• Formally dedicated in 1849, it sits in a park-like setting overlooking The Falls of the James River and was designed for the living as well, to enjoy its peaceful serenity
Church Hill Tour:
• Church Hill includes the original 32-blocks of Richmond as laid out by Major William Mayo in 1737
• Many great examples of Greek Revival, Federal and Victorian styles of architecture
• St. John’s Church where Patrick Henry gave his “give me liberty or give me death” speech
• Main Street Station, Libby Hill Park, 17th Street Farmer’s Market, Poe Museum, Confederate Soldiers and Sailors Monument, and Chimborazo are all included
Call for Micro Tour times.